Friday, April 4, 2008

My baby is 3!


I can't believe that Lindsay is 3. She on the other hand won't miss an opportunity to remind me. She got up out of bed Wednesday morning, stood on her tippy toes, stretched her arms up as high as she could reach and said, "Look at me Mommy. I'm bigger now. It's my birthday!" Wish I had my camera to capture the glimmer in her eyes as she said it.

This really is the first year she understands and is all excited about her birthday. She wore a pin to school and just beamed everytime someone said "Happy Birthday!" She loved all the phone calls (especially singing :)) and of course was enthralled with presents. She was willing to share though - She told Katelyn she could watch her open her presents!

After sharing cupcakes with her classmates in the afternoon, we had dinner as a family with a special guest - a giant Dora balloon that is still tied to the kitchen chair, now referred to as the birthday chair.
And since it couldn't really be a birthday without a cake and candles we got a small chocolate cake. The girls I think had more fun decorating themselves with icing!
Ever since the Toys R Us ad came in the mail 2 months ago, Lindsay has been asking if she was going to get a "jumpy thing" for her birthday. Well, I guess she did a great job blowing out her candles, because her birthday wish came through. She LOVES to bounce and this way she's contained so maybe's there's hope left for my couch cushions!

No comments: